Special Tours operates two types of whale watching from the Old Harbour in Reykjavik, Whale Watching Classic and Whale Watching Express.
The Whale Watching Classic (3-3.5 hours) is normally operated on our largest boat, Andrea.
The Andrea gives extra comfort, with great inside and outside viewing areas. She is very family friendly with an educational and interactive focus with whale bones, baleen plates, teeth and a microscope on board to look at sea specimens. The Classic tours are guided in English year-round, with German guidance available May 1st - September 30th.
The Whale Watching Express (2-2.5 hours) is on a hiatus for the 2021 season due to COVID-19, but will be back with full availability for the 2022 season.
Special Tours Iceland app with 5 languages (English, German, French, Spanish and simplified Chinese) available for Android and Apple. It is available for all clients to download during their tour, with both text and audio information. The app will is as close to an audio guided wildlife adventure as possible
The most common whales spotted include minke whales, humpback whales, white-beaked dolphins and harbour porpoises.
Whale Watching Classic (All Year):
09:00 - March 1st - November 15th
13:00 - All year
17:00 - May 15th - September 30th
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
What is included
- Seat inside for every passenger
- Guide on every tour, skilled and friendly crew
- Snack bar on board
- Warm overalls for every passenger (also available in children's sizes)
- Free Wifi on board
We recommend wearing warm clothing & sturdy shoes - and don't forget your camera!
- Free Wi-Fi
- Sightings of wildlife cannot be guaranteed. If you do not have sightings on your tour, you will receive another ticket to try again (valid indefinitely).
- Please note that transfers are not available for the 21:00 departure (June 15th-July 31st).