GOLDEN CIRCLE & GLACIER ICE CAVE
Golden Circle & Glacier Ice Cave
The ultimate snowmobile and Glacier Ice cave adventure.
Iceland is known for its big glaciers, high waterfalls and erupting geyser, on this tour you will witness it all in one day.
Your day starts early in Reykjavik, where you board our comfortable bus and set off to see the top attractions in Iceland. The tour is led by a personal host and detailed audio guide in ten languages, making sure your experience is informative and fun at the same time.
Your first stop will be a Þingvellir national park where the oldest parliament in the world was founded and the tectonic plates are pulling apart every day.
From Þingvellir you will drive through lush lava fields and farmlands until the earth starts to tremble and steam rises from the ground at Geysir geothermal area. You will have around one hour to take in the beautiful scenery at Geysir and witness Strokkur erupting few times before you continue to Gullfoss Waterfall. Gullfoss waterfall is the queen of Icelandic waterfalls, where the water rushes down a narrow canyon with indescribable force, painting the air with a glittering mist.
You complete your day with a super truck ride up to Langjökull glacier, the second largest glacier in Europe. Once you have reached the glacier’s edge you will gear up and rush off for an unforgettable snowmobile ride on top of the glacier, stopping at and visiting a man made ice cave. The crystal-like glacier ice underneath thick layers of snow is a sight you will never forget.
After walking under the glacier you will ride your snowmobile back to the warm glacier hut to be taken back to Gullfoss waterfall, where you board the bus again for a comfortable ride back to Reykjavik after a day of amazing adventures.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 6 years|
|Difficulty: Very easy|
What is included
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- All necessary equipment for snowmobiling (helmet, gloves, snow-suit)
- Free Wi-Fi and USB-charger for each seat
- Approx 1 hours snowmobile ride (depending on snow conditions on the glacier)
For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
For your comfort: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so be prepared for all weather conditions. Waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves, and warm socks/waterproof shoes are recommended.
- All special clothing and all the equipment needed for the trip is provided so you can enjoy a safe and comfortable ride. No special skills nor former snowmobile experience is required
- You need a valid driver's license to drive a snowmobile
- You will be sharing a snowmobile with someone, however, there is an extra cost if you would like to be a single rider.