Geldingadalir Eruption, Blue Lagoon with admission included & Reykjanes Volcanic Zone | Small Group Day Tour
After complimentary pick up service we will take you on a scenic drive along the lava shaped coast towards the first stop. Under the care of our experienced guide you will follow the trail leading to the Geldingadalir Valley. After around 45 minutes of hike the Fagradalsfjall Mountain will arise on the horizon offering you an amazing view over the volcanic crater throwing lava up to the height of 100 meters! But we will not stop there – we will take you as close as possible to witness the real spectacle of the nature.
Active eruption site is ever-changing, meaning that on each and every day new and stunning events occur. Aside from live show of lava flow filling up the valley, you can witness lava rivers and small waterfalls and even lava pools! The total time spent here is between 4-5 hours, including 3.5 kilometre long hike (one way).
The next stop sees us visit the Gunnuhver hot springs, a group of active mud pools and steam vents named after a local witch who in folklore met her doom here, so watch where you step!
Within 5 minutes drive we reach then Valahnúkamöl – stunning bird cliffs and basalt columns rising from the sea. We will also make a short stop by Reykjanesviti Lighthouse – the oldest still standing structure of its kind in Iceland.
The last part of our tour is the most popular place of all in Iceland – the iconic Blue Lagoon. Here the milky sea waters contrast with black lava fields. Here you can soak all your cares away in two beautiful hours at the Blue Lagoon SPA. It is a perfect way to reflect on an unforgettable day spent on the Reykjanes Peninsula.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 8 years|
What is included
- Professional tour guided in English in a minibus
- Guided Hike to the Geldingadalir Valley (Fagradalsfjall Mountain) Eruption Site
- Blue Lagoon visit with Comfort Admission Included (entrance, towel rental & welcome drink)
- Pick up and drop off within Reykjavik - (CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS)
- Free Wi-Fi on bus & USB chargers next to every seat
- The tour takes about 11 hours
- Tour is being operated under all weather conditions: please bring warm, wind & waterproof clothes
- Good hiking shoes are obligatory (to be rented during booking process)
- Conditions at the eruption site can change - each tour is being evaluated prior to departure. We reserve the right to cancel the tour due to the safety reasons