Silfra Snorkeling & The Golden Circle | Free Underwater Photos
How about starting the day with snorkeling in Silfra, a freshwater fissure known to be one of the best diving spots in the world and then drive around beautiful Iceland? Then we recommend you the combination of Snorkeling and the Golden Circle tour.
You can choose whether you snorkel in a wetsuit or drysuit. The difference is that in a wetsuit you can dive underneath the surface and explore more of the wonders of Silfra. Adventure Vikings is the only company that offers wetsuit diving in Silfra so we really recommend you to try this, you won’t regret it. Silfra is a freshwater fissure about 60-63 meters where it is deepest. You will not need any experience in diving nor snorkeling.
After the snorkeling we will take you on the Golden Circle tour, which is the most popular tourist route in Iceland. We will start at the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Þingvellir, where Althing, was established around 930 and at Þingvellir the two continents, Europe and America, meet. We will also visit the geothermal active valley Haukadalur where among others the hot spring geysers Geysir and Strokkur are. The waterfall Gullfoss and the volcano crater Kerið.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 14 years|
What is included
- Pick up and drop-off in Reykjavík
- English speaking guide
- All necessary equipment for snorkeling
- FREE photos for snorkeling
- Hot chocolate for snorkeling
- Clothes suited to dress under a drysuit such as long warm underwear or sweat suit, warm socks OR
- Clothes suited to dress under a wetsuit such as swimsuits
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the snorkeling
- Snack or Lunch
- You can rent a GoPro camera with us
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Be physically fit
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Snorkeling Medical Statement
- Sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- Be at minimum 145cm (4’9) tall / maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Be minimum 14 years of age
- Not be pregnant
- Not wear glasses, so if you have a prescription mask, please bring it with you. If not, we advise you to get contact lenses before you join us for snorkeling.